Vegan Ramen.. This vegan ramen is a taste sensation I tell you! I very much recommend that you give it a try. I love playing with food! 🙂
What you need:
- pint of veg stock
- tamari soy sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- udon noodles (or ramen noodles but I didn’t use them)
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms
- onion (brown or red)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- inch of ginger
- maple syrup
- baby pak choi
- spring onion
- olive oil
What to do:
- Chop the onion, ginger and crush the garlic. Saute in a saucepan with olive oil for a few minutes to soften.
- Pour in the veg stock, a tablespoon of tamari and the shiitake mushrooms. Simmer for an hour.
- Chop the carrots and coat with maple syrup, tamari and apple cider vinegar. Put in the oven for approximately half an hour.
- Ten minutes before the carrots are done… Boil the udon noodles in a saucepan of water. Chop the pak choi and mushrooms and saute in olive oil, tamari and apple cider vinegar for a few minutes.
- The soup will now have been simmering for an hour and a half. Drain the noodles and add to the soup.
- Pour into a bowl and add all the ingredients. Top with spring onion.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
I would love to see your creations. Don’t forget to tag me #tanyashealthyliving
Double the ingredients to make a bigger batch of the soup.