Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake.. a healthier version, say whaaaaaatt?!..
Ok, so as a lover of chocolate fudge cake, I’m pretty damn proud of myself for this creation. I was experimenting and it worked out super well.
I have personally made this cake as a single layer, but if you wanted to make it a double layer then just double the ingredients.
It would be really good to do as a birthday cake too, especially if you have people with dairy or egg allergies in your family.
What you need:
- 1/2 an avocado
- cup of brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- tbsp cinnamon
- tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
For the icing:
- 1/2 an avocado
- bar of good quality dark chocolate
- tbsp maple syrup or agave
- tbsp almond butter
What to do:
- Mix the dry ingredients.. flour, sugar, cacao, cinnamon, baking powder.
- In a separate bowl use a hand blender to mix half an avocado, coconut milk, almond milk, coconut oil.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.. if it’s too thick and a bit more milk.
- Pour into a non stick cake tin and bake for 20 minutes on 170 degrees.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water.
- Blend the avocado with a hand blender and then mix all icing ingredients together.
- Spread icing all over your cake.
- Top with fruit.
Hope you love this vegan chocolate fudge cake as much as I do.
If you’re wondering where you can get coconut palm sugar from, they sell it in health food shops.. It’s not as bad for you as normal sugar as it has a lower glycemic index.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #tanyashealthyliving so I can see your creations 🙂
You might also like these chocolate caramel balls.