As we all know health doesn’t happen over night, but here are some good tips to get you on your way to fabulous healthiness!
- Eat your greens.. Green vegetables are essential to establish a healthy body and immune system. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibre, chlorophyll and are just amazing for health.
- Eat less meat and dairy.. Meat is hard for your body to digest, not to mention all the hormones and antibiotics etc that are pumped into the animals to make them grow bigger, that then effects the meat that you eat. Animal protein is linked to cancer so cutting down on meat is a good idea for good health. Dairy cows are artificially inseminated constantly to keep up the milk production, afterall milk is a cows breastmilk meant for their calves and full of cow hormones that aren’t good for us!
- Keep hydrated.. Dehydration can lead to inefficient delivery of oxygen to your muscles, this will cause fatigue and lack of energy. Also, if you are dehydrated waste may not be removed properly from the body which will cause other problems like a toxic build up, which prevents the body from functioning properly.
- Think positive.. Negativity is toxin towards our health!
- Exercise to get the oxygen flowing round your body.
- Incorporate some raw foods into your diet.. Raw foods are great for detoxification, Immunity and cleansing of the body. Snack on things like raw carrots, broccoli and radishes.
- Less salt. More vinegar.. Salt attracts water to itself which can make you feel dehydrated, have less salt and flavour food more with vinegars like apple cider vinegar.
- Have ‘you’ time.. It is really important to have time to yourself! Go and relax in a nice hot bath!
- Drink smoothies.. Blending food breaks down fibre which makes digestion easier as the entire premise behind digestion is turning our food to liquid.
- Eat wholegrains such as quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat.. White are refined grains stripped of nutrients. Always go for the brown they are good carbohydrates!
Listen to your body! You are unique.. what works for someone else may not work for you!
If you ease yourself into a healthy lifestyle, it will be easier to keep up. It’s okay to have a treat sometimes, don’t beat yourself up if you occasionally give into temptation. It’s what you eat most of the time that makes the difference, not what you eat some of the time 🙂