This cold weather makes us feel so dehydrated and lethargic! Cold, windy weather means that the air is dryer and you don’t get as much moisture as when the weather is warmer. With the fire and central heating on too, it dries our skin out, so it is very important to remember to stay hydrated!
Water is so important for us to be healthy and for our bodies to function properly. Our body is made up of mostly water so it makes sense that we should keep topping it up as we lose water throughout the day and night. Coffee, Tea, Fizzy pop, Energy drinks etc do not do the same thing as what water does.
Backaches, Headaches, Sugar cravings and Digestive problems can all be signs that you are dehydrated.
Water also plays a crucial part in delivering nutrients to our cells. You can eat all the broccoli in the world but you need water to help it get to where it needs to go.
Here’s a few other reasons to drink water:
- Your skin will look much better.
- It energises the muscles as it provides efficient delivery of oxygen to them.
- It helps maintain good bowel function.
- Gets rid of toxins in the body. If waste isn’t removed properly it will cause a toxic build up and prevent the body from functioning efficiently.
- You will have more energy.
- It helps your kidneys do their job.
- Helps your body function properly.
- Helps fight infection.
- Water generates life on the planet.. Without water the trees, plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables etc do not grow.
You should try drinking 2 glasses of water when you get up in the morning to kick start your body functioning properly, because you dehydrate over night.
So, in this cold weather don’t forget to still drink water. It will help with that sluggish and lack of energy feeling. Plus your skin will still glow too 😉