This kale pesto salad is super quick and easy. Kale is high in calcium, iron, fibre, vitamin A and vitamin K. It actually has more iron than beef and more calcium than milk. Vitamin A is good for your vision.
Kale is a superfood with tonnes of health benefits, like boosting your immune system and keeping your liver healthy, so it is well worth adding to your diet.
The pesto can also be used on pasta too and is a great healthy natural replacement for shop bought pesto.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup almonds
- handful fresh basil
- tbsp Enjevita yeast flakes
- pinch of himalayan salt
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- spring onion (optional)
- carrot (optional)
- sundried tomatoes (optional)
What to do:
- Pulse the almonds a few times then add the basil, enjevita flakes and salt. Pulse a few times until its all broken up together.
- Mix with the lemon and oil.
- Massage the pesto on to the kale leaves.. Use your hands and do it until it is combined well and the kale has softened.
- Add the oregano and parsley and mix it up well.
- Add extra salad bits of your choice.
You can buy Enjevita flakes from health shops or order from Amazon.