I do love a Flapjack.
What you need:
- cup oats
- half cup almonds
- approx 7 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- a bit of dried pineapple (optional)
- tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil in solid form
What to do:
- Pulse the almonds a couple times to break them up.
- Add the oats and pulse again.
- Add the dates and pulse a few times to break them up too.
- Melt coconut oil and add all other ingredients.
- Blend until it is all broken up and sticking together.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper, press it so it is all stuck together and freeze for 40 minutes.
- Cut into slices.
Leave out the almonds to make them a nut free treat.
I have put some chocolate on top so if you want to do that too, all you need to do is..
Melt 2 tbsp coconut oil, mix with 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup, tbsp cacao powder and a tbsp almond butter…
Drizzle on top of the flapjacks and then put in the fridge for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set.
You could mix up the ingredients too. Try using different nuts and raisins.