Well these chocolate fudge brownies are pretty special.. I was experimenting in the kitchen, pimping up my black bean brownies and with a few extra ingredients managed to make these.
The first time I made them I thought it was a disaster as they were all gooey. I left them on the side.. then along came my son asking to try some. I said they were no good but he kept on that he wanted to try so I gave him some and well, turns out they were bloody lovely! The gooeyness was like warm fudge. Yummmmmmm!!
These are a great option if you suffer with food allergies as they are totally dairy and egg free!
We ate the whole lot so I had to make some more for photo purposes 😉
- can of black beans (rinsed well)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 6 tbsp of water for 10 minutes so gel is formed)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- half a banana
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (pumpkin blended with a bit of water and maple/agave)
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Whizz up the oats to make flour in your blender.
- Add all other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips and process until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes on 170 degrees.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes and then cut into squares.
Best eaten warm for a particularly good chocolate fudge effect. Oh yes!
You’re welcome 😉
I hope you enjoy these chocolate fudge brownies as much as we did!
Lots of Love