This basil cashew cream spaghetti is ideal if you want an alternative for dairy. Cashew nuts come with heaps of benefits such as improves digestion, supports brain functioning, helps nutrient absorption, contains plant based protein, rich in antioxidants and iron.
Cashew nuts also lower cholesterol, maintain bone health, lower inflammation and support healthy skin.
This is a much healthier choice than a creamy dairy sauce.
What you need:
- brown rice spaghetti or pasta
- half cup of cashew nuts
- tbsp engevita nutritional yeast
- tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- clove of garlic
- big squeeze of lemon
- small handful fresh basil
- himalayan salt
- black pepper
What to do:
- Soak cashew nuts in water for at least 4 hours.. Drain and rinse.
- Put the cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon and basil into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Boil the pasta/spaghetti as it says to on the packet.. Drain when it’s ready.
- Steam the peas and broccoli. (Boiling vegetables kills off a lot of the nutrients)
- Mix the pasta, broccoli, peas and spinach. The spinach will wilt from the heat.
- Mix with the cashew cream, season with salt/pepper and top with extra basil.